Festival of Fine Craft, October 3 & 4, 2020
Held annually during the first full weekend of October
The Festival of Fine Craft, now in its 22nd year, is our premier annual event and one of the most highly-rated shows in the Mid-Atlantic region. Named one of Sunshine Artist’s 200 Best in 2018 & 2019, this campus-wide event continues to grow in attendance, programming, and quality overall.
Approximately 150 exhibitors, ranging from new & emerging artists to masters in their mediums, are carefully selected by a jury of WheatonArts professionals and experienced staff artists. We take pride in maintaining an artist-friendly show with a high standard of quality and balance of mediums, styles, and techniques.
WheatonArts provides convenient day-before setup, overnight security, booth sitters, and unequaled hospitality throughout the show. Lodging at reduced rates is offered to exhibitors at some nearby hotels. Open Studios, craft demonstrations, live music, exceptional food, and a variety of interactive activities add to the excitement, making the festival both entertaining and educational.
Our comprehensive marketing plan includes extensive print, radio and electronic media campaigns, full-color publicity and year-long promotion through our other events and outreach programs.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2020 Midnight EST
For New and Returning Artists:
Festival of Fine Craft 2020 Exhibitor Application
2020 Three-Month Fellowship Application
In 2020, WheatonArts will offer four 3-month Fellowships from August 12 through November 11. These three-month Fellowships are no longer available to former Creative Glass Fellows. Only artists who have never been through the program may apply for three-month sessions. All artists can apply for a short-term, project-based Fellowship to take place during scheduled times within the months of September – December. However, we request new artists choose one or the other. In 2020, all project based Fellowships will be given by invitation only as part of our 50th anniversary.
During their Fellowships, artists have the use of private studios and excellent facilities within a respectful sanctuary of concentrated time.
This is an exceptional opportunity for artists to utilize one of the finest facilities of the glass medium, known internationally. Not only do artists get exceptional access to these facilities and various process mediums, but they also receive stipends, the use of private studios, technical assistance, comfortable housing, and institutional support. In addition, they are embraced by a dedicated and warm staff, all on a beautiful 45+ acre campus that is truly a creative sanctuary.
Interested in Renting the Glass Studio?
GLASS STUDIO RENTAL RATES
- Rentals where glass volume is an issue will be priced on an individual basis. Special projects will be considered and priced individually as well.
- Gloryhole rental includes approximately 10 lbs of glass per hour. $2.00 charge for each additional pound per hour, including moyle and scrap glass. 3 hour minimum for gloryhole rental and all usage takes place between 9 am – 4:30 pm.
- Pipes/punties, handtools, & gloves are not provided to renters.
- Prices Subject to Change without notice. All rentals are per hour or per day. Rentals will be scheduled during the hours of 9 am – 5 pm. No half hour portions. All renters must be qualified glassblowers who are of an intermediate ability or better.
- Please check the Glass Studio Equipment and Facilities for specific dimensions, etc.