WheatonArts is excited to announce a two-month summer internship in our Glass Studio. Designed for emerging artists pursuing or having recently completed an undergraduate degree in glass, this competitive internship provides professional experience in a museum setting. Interns can be expected to assist with WheatonArts studio production, public classes, and studio technician classes, averaging 25-30 hours per week.
Internship Session Dates: July 10 – August 28, 2023
Interns will be provided:
- A $1,000 stipend
- Studio time including 3 hours of blow time/week
- Housing in a shared living space, walkable to the Studio
Interns are required to be:
- Over 21 years of age when internship commences
- Proficient in the English language
- Able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19
- Respectful of others and the Studio
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Letter of Interest
- Two References
- Five to ten images of your work demonstrating your technical abilities
- Image information sheet
- Current Resume or C.V.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2023
Selection Notification: April 1, 2023
We celebrate, support, and value a diverse community. We are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment. We strongly encourage women, BIPOC individuals, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and foreign-born residents to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of their race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or medical condition.