MILLVILLE, NJ (June 8, 2019) – Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center proudly declares that Fantasy Faire will occur on Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day! Held in partnership with Mystic Realms, Ltd®, this annual event features talented actors, musicians, and performers as they bring to life the “Kingdom of Wheaton” by enacting a series of interconnected shows that tell the story of the day. Strolling costumed characters, portraying historical and mythical figures, interact with each other and WheatonArts visitors throughout the campus during both days of Fantasy Faire. Visitors are welcome to come dressed in their favorite fantasy grabs to enjoy retail vendors, family-friendly activities, and performances! The Faire is included with general admission to WheatonArts.
Watch in amazement as historical facts from the Medieval and Renaissance periods are blended with mythology and contemporary popular fantasy. Visitors can choose to observe and engage with a variety of family-friendly characters, from kings to elves, and gypsy dancers to famous characters like Robin Hood. The whole family will be immersed in an interactive day of performing arts and activities!
- The Tournament of Prosperity – The Kingdom of Wheaton is faced with its greatest challenge yet as their warlike neighbors intend to conquer all! Will Wheaton’s champions be able to avert disaster? Watch the battle to find out!
- Bring the children over to Story Book Grove, where characters like Cinderella, Prince Charming, Beauty and the Beast, and the Pied Piper share captivating stories.
- Listen to Renaissance and folk music performances, including the musical stylings of the “The Misplaced Pub” band.
- Children of all ages can engage in the raising of the Spring Pole and Wrapping Dance, a Fantasy Faire crowd favorite!
- Watch demonstrations of medieval combat by groups such as Phoenix Swords, the Society of Creative Anachronism, and Markland! Demonstrations may also include Renaissance dancing, textile production, arms and armor, archery, and other Renaissance-related activities.
- At the Court of Miracles, children can meet Esmeralda and other characters from the Hunchback of Notre Dame and watch dancing and drumming demonstrations.
- Explore the “Kingdom of Wheaton” with a Scavenger Hunt to earn a gold coin!
- Families can enjoy free hands-on craft activities like decorating personal shields and creating fire-breathing dragon puppets from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the Faire. (While supplies last.)
- Visit the Glass Studio for the 1:30 p.m. demonstration and watch as the WheatonArts Royal Glassblowers create a glass scepter, complete with magic glass orb! At the end of the show, one prospective King or Queen from the audience will be picked to take home their very own glass scepter! (Audience members will be asked to fill out a door prize slip upon entry into the Glass Studio. Must be present to win. One entry will be chosen per day.)
- Pre-register to create a wearable fused glass medallion to boost your magical abilities. Available for ages 5 & up at an event discount of $10 per person. Call to register at 856.825.6800 ext. 152. Walk-ins welcomed if seats are available.
- From 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. each day, experience what it feels like to blow a glass bubble!
Pre-registration is required. Register online at wheatonarts.org.
Vendors will offer a variety of unique products including jewelry, medieval and fantasy costumes, leather goods, and psychic readings. Also the pirate-themed gaming area will feature games such as a beanbag toss for kids. Food and refreshments will be available for purchase. Visitors will receive a detailed program of activities each day.
Fantasy Faire is included in the price of admission to WheatonArts. Admission for the general public is $10.00 Adults, $9.00 Senior Adults, and $7.00 for Students. Children five and under are free. Tickets are available at the gate. More information about WheatonArts and special rates for groups can be found online at wheatonarts.org or by calling 856-825-6800. Information about Mystic Realms®, can be found by calling 856.430.0716 or visiting online at mysticrealms.com.
WheatonArts strives to ensure the accessibility of its exhibitions, events, and programs to all persons with disabilities. Provide two weeks’ notice for additional needs. Patrons with hearing and speech disabilities may contact WheatonArts through the New Jersey Relay Service (TRS) 800-852-7899 or by dialing 711.
Funding has been made possible in part by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, a Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, and the New Jersey Cultural Trust. WheatonArts also receives general operating support from the New Jersey Historical Commission, Division of Cultural Affairs in the New Jersey Department of State and is supported in part by the New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel and Tourism.
With a history spanning nearly five decades, WheatonArts has earned regional, national and international recognition for its unique collections and programs. The Museum of American Glass, accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, houses one of the most comprehensive collections of American glass in the country…from the first glass bottles made in America to celebrated works by Dale Chihuly and other contemporary artists who work in glass. Visitors experience the art of glassmaking, ceramics and flameworking in the Artists Studios. From April through December the Museum of American Glass and Gallery of Fine Craft present special exhibitions. WheatonArts also offers traditional and multi-cultural programs, classes, workshops, performances, and weekend festivals. The award-winning Museum Stores offer traditional and contemporary art and craft in all mediums.
About Mystic Realms ®
Mystic Realms ® is a theater company incorporated to organize events that create interactive drama through role-playing. Events use the Mystic Realms ® Live-Action and Dice-Play rules systems and encourage the development of characters within realistic, thought-provoking game settings. Mystic Realms ® was created in the early 1990s and has expanded, since then, into many new and exciting game worlds.