WHEATONARTS TO HOST ‘ECO FAIR’ ON SATURDAY, MAY 6, 2017
MILLVILLE, NJ (April 20, 2017) – Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center, in partnership with the Cumberland County Improvement Authority, presents Eco Fair: Artful Living, Handmade & Homegrown on Saturday, May 6, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eco Fair is a free community event that features the handmade works of New Jersey artists, locally grown native plants, herbs and vegetables, environmental organizations, hands-on crafts and activities for families. This Wheaton Wide Open Event is presented in part through the PNC Arts Alive initiative, through funding provided by The PNC Foundation. Admission to all WheatonArts exhibits and artist studio demonstrations are free and open to the public for the day.
Event highlights include:
- ECO Fair Keynote speaker Dr. Joanna Burger will present “25 Nature Spectacles of New Jersey,” at 2 p.m. in the WheatonArts Event Center following a book signing at 1:30 p.m. Presented by CU Maurice River.
- The Opening Ceremony and Inaugural Walk of the WheatonArts Nature Trail at 11:30 a.m. Guided walks at 11:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
- Handmade work created by New Jersey artists and craftspeople available for purchase.
- Hands-on craft activities for families, including a collage: Rainbow and Planet Earth, beaded butterflies, paper beads, and clay sculptures.
- Rain barrel workshop with Rutgers Cooperative Extension,10:30 am – 1 pm and 2 pm – 4:30 pm. This is a fee-based workshop and requires preregistration. Space is limited. To pre-register, contact Sal Mangiafico at 856.451.2800 ext. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wide selection of herbs, native trees and shrubs, wildflowers, pollinators, tomato plants, and other plants from a variety of local nurseries and garden clubs, including Rutgers Master Gardeners of Cumberland County.
- Butterfly Tent and accompanying children’s activities sponsored by Rutgers Master Gardeners of Cumberland County.
- Wellness and healthy living information.
- Live music by Package Goods Orchestra.
- A variety of food and snack vendors.
The Eco Fair offers something for everyone. Whether it’s a craft activity for children in front of the Museum of American Glass, the high-energy tunes of the Package Goods Orchestra, the handmade artwork of dozens of artists, or simply strolling around the WheatonArts campus on a beautiful spring day, the Eco Fair Community Day is a fun-filled, family-friendly day.
WheatonArts is open Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Open July 4. For more information about WheatonArts, call 1-800-998-4552 or 856-825-6800, or visit online at wheatonarts.org.
WheatonArts strives to ensure the accessibility of its exhibitions, events, and programs to all persons with disabilities. Please provide two weeks notice for additional needs. Patrons with hearing and speech disabilities may contact WheatonArts through the New Jersey Relay Service (TRS) 800-852-7899 or by dialing 711.
Funding has been made possible in part by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, a Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, the National Endowment for the Arts and the New Jersey Cultural Trust. WheatonArts receives general operating support from the New Jersey Historical Commission, Division of Cultural Affairs in the New Jersey Department of State, and is supported in part by the New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel and Tourism.