Photo by Greg Alber
Join us on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at the Scotland Run Golf Club in Williamstown, NJ for the 17th annual WheatonArts Golf Classic.
Organization History and Mission
For over four decades, Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center has been a vital community, national and international cultural resource in southern New Jersey. Within its beautiful setting, WheatonArts remains the region’s primary tourist destination and serves as a dynamic center for the arts with ever-expanding programs that capture the imagination of all ages.
WheatonArts Golf Classic Attendance and Participation
The WheatonArts Golf Classic brings 150 golfers together to support the multicultural, multigenerational programs and educational resources offered at Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center located in Millville, NJ.
WheatonArts believes the arts must be an integral part of the education of all citizens, with special emphasis on school age children as a part of their basic education. The Golf Classic provides direct support for the programs that provide this doorway to the arts for students throughout the region. WheatonArts Golf Classic sponsors and participants make it possible for children to access creativity regardless of household awareness or income.
The Glasstown Collective is made up of 3 programs for school aged children: GrowCreative! (Preschool); Glasstown Partnership (Fourth Grade); Glasstown Field Trips, (All Ages).
Collective activities of these programs include artist demonstrations, classroom community projects, museum tours and presentations, journal-keeping and hands-on experiences in a variety of mediums (in some cases including hot glass). The whole of the program is designed to enhance learning in the arts, humanities, and science and to foster team building, social skills development, independence, and accomplishment in the students we serve.
- GrowCreative! (Preschool) Program activities include:
- Free student/teacher access to site with ongoing class visits to museum and guided facility tours (by request)
- Family “Education Pass” for families and teachers of all participating students
- Scheduled programming throughout the year to coordinate with school curriculum
2. Glasstown Partnership (4th grade) activities include:
- Hands-on glassblowing activities
- Glass vessel design in teams (teambuilding)
- Written documentation of design process
- Guided museum tour
- History of glassmaking in Cumberland County
- Glassmaking vocabulary introduction
3. Glasstown Field Trips! (all ages)
Subsidized field trips for select Cumberland County schools and home school classes on a first come, first served basis. A typical field trip includes: self guided tour of the museum, narrated demonstrations in the glass studio, tour and demonstrations in the crafts buildings (ceramics and flamework), tour of the Folklife Center exhibit, and time to explore our 45 acre site.