MILLVILLE, NJ (March 11, 2016) – Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center, in partnership with the Cumberland County SPCA , presents PAWS for Art on Sunday, April 3, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PAWS for Art, sponsored in part by TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a day of art and fun for pet owners and their dogs. This event is part of our Community Days, so admission is waived for all visitors for the entire day. Hosted each year as the unofficial kickoff for the WheatonArts spring re-opening (WheatonArts resumes its normal six-day-a-week operating schedule on April 1st), PAWS for Art is a truly unique experience for two-legged and four-legged family members.
Event highlights include:
• Wheaton Barks Dog Show at 2:00 p.m. Guest judges are Senator Jeff Van Drew of Legislative District 1, Jax Loder of SNJ Today, and Dr. Catalina Montealegre of the Animal Clinic of Buena. Trophies will be awarded in a variety of categories, in adult in children’s classes, for: Best Pet Costume, Macho Mutt, Petite Pup, Prettiest Pooch, Pet & Owner Look-alike, Tons of Fun, and Senior Pet (adult only). “Top Show Dog” awards will be awarded in Best in Show, Top Dog, and Sportsmanship. Winners of these three categories will each receive a glass, dog-faced vessel created by WheatonArts Glass Studio artists. Additional trophies will be stoneware pet bowls handcrafted by Erika Pugh, WheatonArts resident associate artist.
• Pet first aid seminar led by Dr. Catalina Montealegre at 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Advanced registration required. Attendees can register via the WheatonArts website.
• Animal-themed glassmaking demonstrations in the Glass Studio
• Pet-themed hands-on art activities for children
• Dog activities – Paw Prints, Bobbing for Tennis Balls, Photo Booth
• Pet Caricatures and Paintings
• Cumberland County 4-H obedience demonstrations
• Search and Rescue Demonstrations
• Animal rescue groups
• Pet agility course
• Pet supplies, treats and clothing
For pet safety all dogs will be required to be on a short, no longer than four-foot, lead. No retractable leashes. Dogs will be allowed in the Artists Studios. The Cumberland County SPCA will provide volunteers as dog sitters so dog owners may visit the Museum of American Glass and the Museum Stores. Water stations will be located throughout the grounds.
Paws for Art is sponsored in part by TD Bank Corporation. TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the ten largest banks in the U.S., providing more than eight million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida.
WheatonArts is open Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Open Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day.
For more information about WheatonArts, call 1-800-998-4552 or 856-825-6800, or visit online at wheatonarts.org. Please submit requests for press images to email@example.com.
For more information about Cumberland County SPCA located in Vineland, NJ, call
856-691-1500 or visit CumberlandCountySPCA.org.
WheatonArts strives to ensure the accessibility of its exhibitions, events and programs to all persons with disabilities. Provide two weeks notice for additional needs. Patrons with hearing and speech disabilities may contact WheatonArts through the New Jersey Relay Service (TRS) 800-852-7899 or by dialing 711.
Funding has been made possible in part by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, a Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, the National Endowment for the Arts and the New Jersey Cultural Trust. WheatonArts receives general operating support from the New Jersey Historical Commission, Division of Cultural Affairs in the New Jersey Department of State, and is supported in part by the New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel and Tourism.
Get a PDF of PAWS for Art at WheatonArts 2016