Hours: 10 to 15 hours/week; flexible between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Mon. – Fri. (occasional weekend event participation requested)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer, Cathy Nolan
WheatonArts is a non-profit arts organization whose mission is to engage artists and audiences in an evolving exploration of creativity. We have created an internship opportunity for a dynamic Marketing Assistant. The Marketing Assistant will play a key role in supporting our marketing, communications and internal and external public relations efforts. This person will work closely with the Marketing committee to assist with all marketing efforts that bring WheatonArts brand and purpose to life. The Marketing Assistant reports to the Chief Operating Office and interacts with other members of the marketing, education, events, membership, and development teams.
● This candidate will develop a number of skill sets in the following areas specifically: project management, marketing communication, email marketing, target marketing.
● Gain experience consulting with an experienced nonprofit marketing team.
● Opportunity to network with professionals in the industry.
● Ability to attend all of our events at no charge and receive a 20% discount on classes and in our
● Experience a Make Your Own Opportunity after completion of 100 hours.
● Public Relations – assist the marketing team in creating press releases to be distributed to regional media channels and publications – track the results.
● Help drive additional marketing and public relations programs to help meet marketing objectives; help analyze and access effectiveness of programs
● Work with marketing team to plan and execute marketing activities necessary to ensure successful events and programs.
● Assist with distribution of marketing materials (travel expenses will be covered)
● Other duties as assigned including assisting with database maintenance.
● Minimum 2 years of college completed
● Knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop and Publisher preferred
● Excellent oral and written communications
● Self-starter who takes initiative, highly reliable
● Professional when dealing with members, prospective members, sponsors, and executive management
● Comfortable in a fast paced, ever changing environment; flexible
Please submit a cover letter and resume for immediate consideration to:
Cathy Nolan, Chief Operating Officer
Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center
1501 Glasstown Road, Millville, NJ 08332
Or email to email@example.com or apply online.
WheatonArts is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to cultural diversity.