2014 Programs and Events
"Paws for Art" Dogs Invited!
A FREE Awareness Event on
Rain or Shine
Celebrate dogs and the joy and enrichment they bring to our lives. Created in partnership with the Cumberland County SPCA, this free community day event opens WheatonArts’ gates to humans and canines alike. Pet owners are invited* to bring their dogs onsite to engage in various animal-themed activities including:
SPCA Pets at PetFinder.com>>
Pet Themed Kid's Activities
Animal Silhouettes (Cut Paper and Painting) Learn about silhouettes and how they can be used as an element for creating a work of art. Templates for animals will be available to help you get started or choose to sketch your own animal silhouette. Use watercolors to create a representational or fantastical background that will enhance the animal silhouette!
Collage: Create a multi-media animal-collage using paper, ribbon, and yarn! A variety of animal templates will be available to help you get started, or choose to sketch your own real or imaginary animal.
Sculpture: Play with clay and create your own animal-inspired mini-sculpture. Using natural air-dry earth clay, kids can create a real or imaginary animal. Become inspired by images of famous animal sculptures created by artists such as Francois Pompon and Alberto Giacometti. Small beads will be available to create a multi-media sculpture!
A Dog Show at 2pm
A DONATION OF PET FOOD
for the Cumberland County SPCA
is requested for registration to the show.
"Wheaton BARKS" Dog Show Judges are:
Ted Greenberg, Reporter, NBC10
Debbie Marko, Reporter, The Daily Journal
Mike Santiago, Mayor of Millville, NJ
Trophies will be awarded in both Adult and Children's classes in each of the following categories:
Best Pet Costumes
Pet & Owner Look Alike
Tons of Fun
Top Show Dog Awards
Best in Show
Trophies for Adult and Children's Categories will be stoneware "Pet Bowls" handcrafted by WheatonArts Associate Potter, Erika Pugh
Trophies for Top Show Dog Awards will be glass by WheatonArts Glass Studio Artists.
All They Need is Love Animal Rescue
Blind Bob's Pottery
Bruno's Favorite Treats
Funny Farm Rescue
Furry Good Dog Treatery
Garden State German Shepard Rescue
Only Maine Coons Rescue
Oxyfresh of NJ
Pinups for Pitbulls
Puppy Power 4H Club Seeing Eye Project
Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
- All dogs will be required to be on a short , no longer than 4 foot lead. No retractable leashes.
- Dogs will be allowed in the Glass Studio and the Ceramics Studio.
- The Cumberland County SPCA will provide volunteers as dog sitters so you can visit the Museum and the Shops.
- Please consider your pet's comfort level with other dogs when choosing to participate in the day. We reserve the right to deny entry if your dog presents a threat to others.
- Also, please consider the health of other dogs and have your dog's vaccinations up-to-date.
- Water stations will be located throughout the grounds.
- Veterinary care, if needed, will be provided by Red Bank Veterinary Hospital