MILLVILLE, NJ (March 22, 2017) – Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center, in partnership with the South Jersey Regional Animal Shelter (CCSPCA), presents PAWS for Art on Sunday, April 2, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Rain date: April 9). This Wheaton Wide Open Event is presented in part through the PNC Arts Alive initiative, through funding provided by The PNC Foundation. PAWS for Art is a day of art and fun for pet owners and their dogs. This event is part of our Community Days, so admission is waived for all visitors for the entire day. Hosted each year as the unofficial kickoff for the WheatonArts spring re-opening (WheatonArts resumes its normal six-day-a-week operating schedule on April 1st), PAWS for Art is a truly unique experience for two-legged and four-legged family members.
Event highlights include:
- Wheaton Barks Dog Show at 2:00 p.m. Trophies will be awarded in a variety of categories, in adult and in children’s classes, for Best Pet Costume, Macho Mutt, Petite Pup, Prettiest Pooch, Pet & Owner Look-alike, Tons of Fun, and Senior Pet (adult only). “Top Show Dog” awards will be awarded in Best in Show, Top Dog, and Sportsmanship.
- Pet first aid demonstration led by Dr. Catalina Montealegre in Dog Show Arena at 11 a.m.
- Animal-themed glassmaking demonstrations in the Glass Studio
- Pet-themed hands-on art activities for children
- Dog activities – Paint Paw Prints, Musical Sit and Stay, Photo Booth
- Paw Shakers of Cumberland County 4-H obedience and agility demonstrations at 1 p.m.
- Animal rescue groups
- Pet agility course
- Pet supplies, treats, and clothing
- Training Q&A with Training Aces at Agility Course at 3:45 p.m.
For pet safety all dogs will be required to be on a short, no longer than four-foot, lead. No retractable leashes. Dogs will be allowed in the Artists Studios. The Cumberland County SPCA will provide volunteers as dog sitters so dog owners may visit the Museum of American Glass and the Museum Stores. Water stations will be located throughout the grounds.
WheatonArts is open Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Open July 4. For more information about WheatonArts, call 1-800-998-4552 or 856-825-6800, or visit online at wheatonarts.org. Please submit requests for press images to email@example.com.
For more information about Cumberland County SPCA located in Vineland, NJ, call
856-691-1500 or visit CumberlandCountySPCA.org.
WheatonArts strives to ensure the accessibility of its exhibitions, events, and programs to all persons with disabilities. Provide two weeks notice for additional needs. Patrons with hearing and speech disabilities may contact WheatonArts through the New Jersey Relay Service (TRS) 800-852-7899 or by dialing 711.
Funding has been made possible in part by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, a Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, the National Endowment for the Arts and the New Jersey Cultural Trust. WheatonArts receives general operating support from the New Jersey Historical Commission, Division of Cultural Affairs in the New Jersey Department of State, and is supported in part by the New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel and Tourism.